About the position
Organization Background: Lancet Laboratories Rwanda is the leading provider of private diagnostic pathology services in Rwanda. Incorporated and registered in Rwanda since December 2015, it forms part of Cerba Lancet Africa Group of laboratories operating in 14 countries of Africa. Lancet Laboratories are multi-super specialty Laboratories that redefine the standards of excellence in healthcare services and bring together the best of infrastructure, technology, training, education, and medical Laboratory intelligence. Our unmatched quality standards along with cutting edge technology and medical laboratory intelligence enable us to provide personalized tests and services.
Lancet Laboratories Rwanda, Umuyenzi Plaza Laboratory - Headquarters, is ISO 15189 accredited by SANAS since June 2020 confirming that the Laboratory meets the international standards.
- Deliver a complete set of financial statements that accurately reflects the financial status of the organization
- Implement and maintain the departmental policies and strategies with the guidelines.
- Supervise and lead the day-to-day planning, operations and problem solving to meet required service at standard level.
- Contributes as a member of senior management team within an organization to annual planning processes for KSO.
- Coordinate the process of annual budgeting and ensure that the budget is approved by the BoD within the deadline
- Accountable for delivering a completed set of financial statements and ensure that they reflect the current financial status of the organisation
- Prepare monthly management report in order to monitor work and performance status as well as determine expenditure trends of the organization and provide input into strategic planning of the organization.
- Prepare annual CFF and monitor it on monthly basis
- Checking and authorizing all payments that goes through the system
- Ensuring and checking control accounts are balanced
- Responsible of the fixed asset register upkeep to ensure correct capturing, records and usage
- Building a GL recon file, check all recons and sign off to ensure financial integrity
- Maintaining the GL system by deciding on closing days, month end, cost account codes to be opened, cost centres and ID’s to meet organizational demands
- Download all cost and income reports into excel to scrutinize and forward to required distribution list
- Manage ISO process for the finance department and administration for all staff in the department
- Manage staff compliment to ensure optimisation of resources and productivity
- Provides day to day direction and management of finance and accounts department and support functions to fulfil organisation objectives, achieving specific goals and maximization of profit and efficiency.
- Responsible of debtors’ accounts management
- Responsible of creditors Accounts management
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards and monitors compliance of own employees in this regard
- Attends in-service training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up-to- date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof
- Oversees and conduct teaching, coaching, mentoring, and training and motivates of finance personnel, interns and students in finance techniques, processes and systems, if assigned by Manager and deemed competent.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities including the following, conflict resolution, encourage team development through leadership, motivation, lead by example, involved in the disciplinary, processes, monitoring of time and attendance and evaluation of employee performance on work methods according to company policy and procedure.
- Performs investigations into and resolution of customer complaints to ensure a positive image of the organisation by clients and patients and to promote the services of Lancet laboratories.
- Attending and Reporting of all Department matters in Management Meeting.
Competencies Required for the Job
- Absolute accuracy and attention to detail Numeracy skill and an enquiring mind Knowledge of laboratory information system
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to Travel Extensively
- Ability to use own initiative and work in a pressured environment
- Accuracy and Analytical skill Communication and Interpersonal skills Customer orientation
- Decision making
- Drive (includes energy and stamina) linked to achievement motivation
- Ethical behaviour Management skill Networking/ Liaising skills Organisational awareness Planning and organizing Presentation Skills
- Strategic leadership skills
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Ability to use own initiatives and work independently self – management skill (linked to reliability and time management)
Relevant Job Knowledge
- Business processes and services
- Computer literacy
- Laboratory information systems
- Laboratory standards operating procedures and processes
- Projects budgeting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Should be certified by Professional Accounting Body – CPA or ACCA. Master’s degree plus relevant Finance course is an added advantage.
6 years of working experience in a similar work with at least 3 years of supervisory experience in Finance or Accounting position in a busy working environment.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their Application Letter, CV with three recognizable referees, Academic documents and a copy of national ID in one PDF document, clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the email subject line. To: General Manager, Lancet Laboratories Rwanda Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Short listed candidates will be required to undergo background checks and assessments.
Closing date: 26th August 2022